Mission Statement of Cristo Rey Sacramento
Cristo Rey Sacramento, rooted in the traditions of the Sisters of Mercy and the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) transforms lives by providing a Catholic, college preparatory education and professional work experience to high school students with limited financial resources.
Vision Statement of Cristo Rey Sacramento
Cristo Rey Sacramento’s vision is to create the most effective and highly regarded high school that transforms underserved students into faith-filled, educated, professional and service-oriented people.
Integral Student Outcomes
Cristo Rey Sacramento is a community committed to:
- understanding the core beliefs of the Catholic faith; making ethical decisions consistent with Gospel values; building a just world by serving others; fostering a personal relationship with God through prayer and worship.
- encouraging academic achievement; developing critical, creative, and disciplined thought; taking responsibility for one’s own education; fostering perseverance; promoting lifelong learning.
- demonstrating the skills and habits needed for achievement in the workplace; understanding the requirements and opportunities of today’s economy; appreciating the value of high standards and hard work.
Mission Effectiveness Standards of the Cristo Rey Network
A Cristo Rey model school shall meet the following standards – The School:
- Is explicitly Catholic in mission and enjoys Church approval.
- Serves only economically disadvantaged students. The school is open to students of various faiths and cultures.
- Is family centered and plays an active role in the local community.
- Prepares all of its students to enter and graduate from college.
- Requires participation by all students in the work-study program. All students must be 14-years-old on or before September 1st.
- Seeks to integrate the learning present in its work program, classroom, and extracurricular experiences for the fullest benefit of its student workers.
- Has an effective administrative and board structure as well as complies with all applicable state and federal laws.
- Is financially sound. At full enrollment the school is primarily dependent on revenue from the work-study program to meet operating expenses. In addition, the school maintains a comprehensive advancement program to ensure financial stability.
- Supports its graduates’ efforts to obtain a college degree.
- Is an active participant in the collaboration, support, and development of the Cristo Rey Network.