COVID-19 - Free Testing
Information Regarding Free COVID-19 Testing
The Sacramento County Public Health Department is offering free drive-thru COVID-19 testing at Cal Expo.
- Appointments are needed and can be scheduled at https://www.projectbaseline.com/study/covid-19/.
- Testing is done Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Those interested in testing will need to create an account and answer some online screening questions to determine eligibility (about a 15 minute process).
- Participants will receive an appointment when they register online. Depending on demand, appointments are scheduled 1-3 days in advance.
- Participants must have an ID with their date of birth.
- Participants must arrive in a car with functioning windows that can roll up and down (no motorcycles, no Uber/Lyft, no pedestrians, no bikes, no public transit).
- Participants remain in their vehicle throughout their visit.
- Most participants are in and out of the testing facility in less than 20 minutes.
- Participants receive results a few days to a week after testing.
- This testing option is NOT for individuals with severe symptoms such as severe cough, shortness of breath, severe fever, or other concerning symptoms that may need more immediate care.
- Only individuals age 18 or older can be tested at this site.